Saturday, May 5, 2012

Shark Girl

Shark girl, a take off from soul surfer, begins with a young girl named Jane, going for a swim, when suddenly her life changes. She has gotten attacked by a shark. From the bottom of her hand to the top of her elbow of her right arm has been bitten off! This is a tragedy for Jane since she is known for her artistic talent. In fact, she has won her state artist contests 3 years in a row now. Through out this book Jane is in a state of depression, typically thinking about her artist career. It had been vanished into mid air. If you like girly books you would probably love this book, how ever, I wan not impressed with it at all. My favorite part was when she met this little boy named Justin at a hospital. He is what brings back happiness into her life. I was most impressed with the ending though. That was probably the only good part of this book for me! When I picked this book up, I thought it would actually be about her shark attack, but really it was about the challenges she faced afterwards. My friends described this book t me as amazing, but I give it barely 2 and a half stars! It was also very confusing to read, it was in the form of a poem, and didn't even have quotations when she talks! If I were you, I would not waste my time on this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment